Summer School 2020 of the UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites
ICTs to promote sustainable heritage tourism in Indonesia
August 16-23, 2020 – Indonesia
The 7th edition of the USI UNESCO Chair Summer School is realized in collaboration with Trisakti School of Tourism, in Indonesia.
The USI UNESCO Chair Summer School in Indonesia will discover tangible Indonesian UNESCO World Heritage Sites and intangible Cultural Heritage in five cities (Jakarta, Cirebon, Pekalongan, Solo, and Yogyakarta). The Summer School will provide learning experiences about Indonesian Batik textile heritage, local gastronomy, as well as cultural visits and seminars. A special focus will be placed on the issue of how Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can be applied to enhance the preservation of tangible and intangible cultural heritage of Indonesia and strengthen sustainable tourism, as well as connect locals and visitors. Seminars will be conducted in three Royal Palaces (Cirebon, Solo, and Yogyakarta) on Java Island. The Summer School also includes the two most prominent Indonesian UNESCO World Heritage Sites; the Borobudur and Prambanan Temple compounds.
The school will start off in Jakarta, then proceed to Cirebon, Pekalongan, Solo and Yogya. The different locations will create an ideal environment for learning, exchanging ideas and experiencing cultural Indonesian heritage.
|Prof. Lorenzo Cantoni – Università della Svizzera italiana (Switzerland)|
|Adine Gavazzi – UNESCO Chair of the University of Genoa (Italy) |
Photo by Heinz Plenge
|Dr. Anang Sutono – Ministry of Tourism (Indonesia)|
|Agum Gumelar – Indonesian Presidential Advisory |
|Pangeran Raja Adipati (PRA) Arief Natadiningrat – The King of Cirebon Sultanate (Indonesia)|
|Ade Kadarisman – UNPAD SDGs Center,|
Researcher in the field of UNESCO Geopark Ciletuh
| Iwan Sumantri – Expert of Indonesian Digital Infrastructure|
and Cyber Security Defense (Indonesia)
|Dr. Myrza Rahmanita – Researcher in Ecotourism, Trisakti School of Tourism (Indonesia)|
|Puspita Ayu Permatasari – ICT for Intangible Cultural Heritage, Università della Svizzera italiana (Switzerland)|
|Sisca Soewitomo – Indonesian Culinary Heritage Expert/ Trisakti School of Tourism (Indonesia)|
|–||H. Edi Baredi – Local Batik Shop Cirebon (Indonesia)|
Further instructors will be announced.
VISITS TO …
EXPERIENCE OF LOCAL INTANGIBLE HERITAGE …
- Local Indonesian gastronomy (e.g. Nasi Tumpeng)
- Indonesian Batik (UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage)
- Wayang Puppet Theater (UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage)
- Experience and learn about local Indonesian intangible and tangible heritage on site
- Interact and network with local Indonesian tourism stakeholders, tourism & ICT academics and practitioners
- Broaden your knowledge on ICTs and heritage tourism
- Contribute to and work with the local tourism landscape
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Advanced Master students
- PhD students
- Post Docs
- ICT experts
- Tourism professionals
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates should send their CV and a one-page motivation letter to email@example.com until February 29, 2020.
- Applicants will be notified of the acceptance status by March 9, 2020.
|Fee||Fee for Indonesian participants|
|Early bird |
|USD $1.100||IDR 8,000,000|
|USD $1.200||IDR 10,000,000|
* The fee covers domestic transportation (bus, domestic flight tickets and train), meals in 5 cities (Jakarta, Cirebon, Pekalongan, Solo, Yogya), as well as all products and services including accommodation (3-star hotels), restaurants, events, museum tickets etc.
** Ancient History Encyclopedia offers a scholarship to participate. Please find the call here.
SUMMER SCHOOL COMMITTEE
Lorenzo Cantoni PhD, Professor of Communication, Chair-holder of the UNESCO Chair in ICTs to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites, USI – Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland)
Myrza Rahmanita PhD, Associate Professor at Trisakti School of Tourism (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Puspita Ayu Permatasari, PhD Candidate in Communication Sciences at USI – Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland)
Trisakti School of Tourism (Jakarta/ Indonesia)
UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites of USI – Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland)