In June 2014 the UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites was accepted to the UNITWIN-UNESCO Network “Culture, Tourism, Development” led by Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne. The UNITWIN Network promotes international inter-university cooperation and networking to enhance institutional capacities through knowledge sharing and collaborative work.
- The UNESCO Chair is an associate partner of RICHES (Renewal, Innovation and Change: Heritage and European Society).
- The UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites of Università della Svizzera italiana has become member of the European Network of Knowledge (EUNeK), a network on Universities for the Via Francigena and the European Pilgrimage Ways, leaded by the European Association of Via Francigena (AEVF). EUNeK represents the Scientific Committee of AEVF, with the task of fostering multicultural dialogue through scientific research and exchange of best practices, in support of didactic and research activities on the Via Francigena and other European pilgrimage routes.
- The UNESCO Chair is an official partner of World History Encyclopedia, a non-profit company publishing the world’s most-read history encyclopaedia.
- USI and the UNESCO Chair have become a member of the University Network for Cultural Routes Studies of the European Institute of Cultural Routes (EICR). EICR is a body of the Council of Europe, which also includes Switzerland.
- The UNESCO Chair is a partner of Via Tourism Review.