Every year, the UNESCO chair at USI organizes a Summer School both for researchers (ranging from advanced Master students, up to PhD candidates and PostDocs), as well as for practitioners (e.g.: site managers, tourist destination managers, start-ups, etc.).
Each Summer School edition presents the overall topic of ICTs, Sustainable Tourism and World Heritage Sites, and focuses on specific aspects.
Summer Schools are run every year in a different place. So far, the following Summer Schools have been run:
- 2014, Lugano
- 2015, Milan (Italy), in collaboration with Università di Milano Bicocca (Italy)
- 2016, Armeno (Italy)
- 2017, Hangzhou city (China), in collaboration with Zhejiang University (China)
- 2018, traveling around Southern Finland, in collaboration with University of Turku (Finland)
- 2019, in Lugano and Müstair (Switzerland), at the UNESCO World Heritage of Benedictine Convent of St John
- February 2020, Namibia, in collaboration with the University of Turku and the University of Namibia
The next Summer School will take place in:
- August 2020, Indonesia, in collaboration with the Trisakti School of Tourism
See a video of the 2018 Summer School:
See a video of the 2016 Summer School: